Friday, February 08, 2008

New York New York

wrote this blog when i came back from the gay games. post ko lang dito sa multiply.



New York City is seedy, hot, fast, smelly, sexy and steamy. I did not fall in love with it but I did have some good memories there. Again, how I wish Pangga was there with me. I'm sure I could have enjoyed New York more if she was with me.



Here are ten things you can do in New York, forget the Statue of Liberty and all those touristic stuff, you can look at their pictures in postcards and photobooks. Here is the action:



10. Go to Circuit City, Target, and BJ's and shop til you drop.



9. Get lost in the subway. I actually felt like a beaver in New York, spending a lot of time underground and just surfacing for air.



8. When you surface from the subway, look at all the buildings that you've seen in movies and commercials, except of course The World Trade Center.



7.Walk around 5th Avenue, Avenue of the Americas, Lexington Avenue. Just walk around and feel very New Yorker. Eat hotdog in the middle of the street, everybody does.



6. Go to Greenwich Village and feel the bohemian spirit, even if it is full of expensive shops.



5. Go to Christopher Street, home of the famous Stonewall Inn, the site of the Stonewall Riot in 1969 that is instrumental to the LGBT Rights movement and is commemorated with the yearly Pride marches all over the world. Walk around this historic street, a mecca for gays and lesbians. And don't forget to visit the sex shops and buy pasalubong for your partner/s.



4. Stand in Times Square and feel that you are in the middle of everything. I was actually wondering aimlessly, looking for the International Center for Photography, when I realized that I was in the middle of Times Square.






3. Get a lapdance in Splash Bar New York (SBNY for short), the hippest, most popular gay bar in New York. The lapdance was a lot of fun, he was so cute and smelled so good, irresistable yummy yummy yummy boy!



2. Go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Whitney Museum, International Center for Photography, and Guggenheim Museum. I saw my most favorite painting, Salvador Dali's The Persistence of Memory. For an art history professor, this is big deal. Imagine, everything I studied before, art works i saw in books and slides, I was in front of them. I was in their presence. And they were in my presence. Wow, that was great.




1. Watch the New York Yankees at the Yankee Stadium. Feel the love for Jeter and the disappointment for A-Rod. (i have to edit this because A-rod is having a phenomenal season). Cheer for every play, go nuts over Bernie Williams" homeruns and Derek Jeter's hits. Thanks, Vergel, for the unforgettable night of Yankees fun. This is the best experience ever.

No comments: